LIFE SCIENCESDigital Medicine
Accelerate Digital maturity with near-term differentiation, mid-term commercialization, and long-term transformation.
Solutions for Life Sciences
Adopt better ways of developing medicine and develop better medicines with Digital.
Digital Health Portfolio
The “arms race” for Digital Health is accelerating. What are the right opportunities for incubation, partnership, or acquisition?
A Digital Health Portfolio that strategically matches Product Portfolio maximizes business value at the therapeutic area, category, or product level.
Think big, start small, and address:
- Portfolio synergies with product and solution cross-pollination
- Portfolio opportunities for Pan-TA platforms
- Partnership strategies to support portfolio vision
- Digital “model” programs that reduce risk for all concepts
Make the most of each Digital Health investment:
- Business case modeling re-usable across the portfolio
- Amortized investment that maximizes reuse and cost effectiveness
- Portfolio-level regulatory pathways for digital assets
- Portfolio-level relationship building with payers and providers
Companion Apps & Experiences
Patients are people first, and people have a myriad of life challenges. How do you stay relevant when your products are often a component of a broader care journey?
Patient-centricity cannot be attained without experiences that fit into moments-that-matter for patients.
Multi-channel companion solutions that offer:
- Contextually sensitive content and tools for personalization
- Multi-channel access (app, web, voice, and telephony)
- Behavioral coaching and development of habits and skills
- Shared-discussion and shared-decision tools for care teams
Address the biggest patient engagement challenges:
- Measurable, verifiable adherence and compliance
- Coordination of information and access with HCPs
- Lasting change, affinity, and relationships with patients
- ROI for digital investments beyond brand marketing
Digital Therapeutics & SaMDS
“There’s an app for that” is not comforting. The rise of regulated and evidence-based Digital Medicine is a welcome development. What does it take to succeed?
Digital Therapeutics developed will augment every aspect of practicing medicine in the coming decade.
Evidence-based solutions and SaMDs that offer:
- Digitization of validated clinical assessments and tools
- AI and Machine Learning tools that augment diagnosis
- Digital therapeutics that deliver evidence-based interventions
- Intended Uses that meet global regulatory requirements
Raise the bar in Digital Health to attain:
- Enhanced combination products (Digital + Traditional)
- Earlier diagnosis and lower levels of misdiagnosis
- Real-world, verifiable data for Clinical and R&D efforts
- Reimbursement for long-term viability and growth
Virtual & Hybrid Studies
COVID-19 has made clinical research more than just a vehicle for insights and evidence. How will technology drive more patient-centricity?
Broader access, higher engagement, and more accurate data. Maintain safety, veracity, and feasibility in an ever-evolving environment.
Digital enablement for decentralized virtual or hybrid trials:
- Research and evidence strategy for Digital enablement
- Patient engagement and QoL measurement (IoT, ePRO)
- Harmonization with ARO, CRO and site capabilities (EDC, EHR)
- Novel endpoint definition, technology selection, and data collection
Take a leap forward in clinical research with Digital:
- Broaden access to clinical research participants
- Keep patients safe and connected to their care providers
- Understand the impact of adding Digital solutions to care pathways
- Generate insights predictive of trial results while reducing cost
Virtual Care & Decision Support
Virtual Care is still care. A multimodal approach is essential to maintain the role of clinicians, even as we ask more of patients and their families.
Create an ecosystem that supports offers a single platform experience to support the Quadruple Aim. Don’t rip and replace; remodel and extend.
Virtual care for your clinical and technological environment will:
- Lower administrative burden on clinicians
- Meet patients where they are for a superior experience
- Monitor patients via active- and passive- interactions
- Combine data to support shared decision making
Making all virtual care standard across all care programs:
- Improves patient satisfaction and “metrics that matter”
- Reduces clinician and family caregiver burnout
- Stratifies clinical care teams and maximize licensure
- Integrates real-word data with longitudinal medical records
Next-Gen Support Hubs
Support hubs have long promised an opportunity to create a relationship with patients and HCPs. With poor engagement, high costs, is personalized support feasible?
Take control of the patient experience across in-sourced, out-sourced, or specialty pharmacy services with a single digital platform experience.
Moving to next-generation support hubs empowers:
- Self-service through automation and guided experiences
- Multiple websites, apps, and wearable on one platform
- Integration with existing enterprise systems, e.g. CRM, PHR
- Connectivity and portability of patient data with providers
Next-gen hubs can be strategic vehicles for:
- Meaningful real-world data across patient journeys
- Docking in third party self-management apps and devices
- Improved fill rates, adherence, and time on therapy
- Differentiation in value-based care collaborations